Submit Your Application Today!
Thank you for your interest in being a CASA volunteer. Elevate a child’s voice in your community.
You can Change a Child’s Story. Become a Child Advocate Today!
Ready to Apply
For CASA of the Continental Divide’s full volunteer application, please apply here: CASA Volunteer Application
Please gather the necessary information listed below prior to beginning the online application. You will not be able to save the volunteer application and return at a later time to finish.
Once you have all your information at your fingertips, click on the Volunteer Application link above to complete the volunteer application.
- Volunteer Experience: Names of Organizations- Names of Supervisors-Dates of Volunteerism- Responsibilities
- Employment History for past five years: Name of Organizations-Titles-Responsibilities- Supervisor Names- Work Hours- Addresses- Phone Numbers-Dates of Employment
- Motor Vehicle ID and Insurance Information
- Three References: Names- Mailing Addresses- Phone Numbers- Email Addresses
CASA of the Continental Divide's Mission:
CASA of the Continental Divide guides volunteer advocates who ensure a child’s safety, best interest and well-being are at the forefront of legal proceedings.
CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates. We listen to the voices of the children who experience abuse and neglect and stand up for their rights. We visit the children, get to know them and advocate for their needs to be met in an overburdened child welfare system.
A CASA can be a mentor and friend and provide stability to a child in need. A CASA fights for children and protects them from harm. CASA of the Continental Divide is the sole organization in the 5th Judicial District that speaks up for children who experience abuse and neglect. We are the voice for those who have no voice. The children that we serve are your children and our children. They are from your county and your towns, and they need us – and you!
To learn more about becoming a D&N volunteer advocate, please fill out this form and a CASA representative will contact you. Or contact Janine Mariani, CASACD’s Co-Executive Director of Programs at Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become an Advocate and Make a Difference!
- Advocate training is 30 hours. Most of which is completed in your home with learning enhanced through facilitated group discussions.
- Training is available in all four counties.
- Includes opportunities to observe court hearings.
- Specialized training on current topics and continuing education workshops.
- Information on mandatory child abuse reporting, victims’ rights act, Indian Child Welfare Act, and various other challenges facing families in our district
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program:
Suggested reading/supplemental material:
– What happened to you, Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey
– The Body Keeps the Score, Sean Pratt, Bessel A. van der Kolk, et al.
– What Happened to You, Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah
– The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist’s Notebook — What Traumatized Children Can Teach Us About Loss, Love, and Healing, Dr. Bruce Perry
– Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know, Adam Grant
– Talking to Strangers, Malcolm Gladwell
– The Culture Map, Erin Meyer
– The Whole Brain Child; Daniel J Siegel, MD
Watch This Video To Learn More About Becoming A Child Advocate
CASA of the Continental Divide acknowledges we are located on the traditional and ancestral lands of the Southern Utes, Uncompahgre Utes, Northern/ White River Utes, and Cheyenne peoples past and present. We acknowledge 48 contemporary tribal nations are historically tied to the lands that make up the state of Colorado. In our daily lives, let us honor and respect those who stewarded the land through generations.
CASACD acknowledges this statement will evolve as we continue to learn the history of the land we occupy. We are in the process of educating ourselves about the atrocities that took place against indigenous peoples on this land.
We would be humbled by your feedback