The CASA Mission
To Strengthen families and communities through trauma-informed advocacy, support and services.
How to Get Involved
Change a Child’s Story
CASA in the News
A New Advocate Training is coming up!
Volunteer Training Schedule:
Who: Amazing future Court Appointed Special Advocates
When: July 20th, July 27th, August 3rd, and August 10th from 5 pm to 8 pm
Where: Freemont Room at The Summit County Community And Senior Center: 83 Nancy’s Place, Frisco CO 80443 (zoom link)
Why: Because you are taking a step toward making the difference in the life of a child. You are awesome and we appreciate you!
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program:
Week 1 & 2:
– Confidentiality form
Week 1 Training Session will focus on: An Introduction to CASA and our Dependency and Neglect Program
Week 2 Training Session will focus on: Exploring bias and learning about ACEs, as well as an introduction to the court process, and a presentation from our guest speaker, Guardian Ad litem, Stephen Gerard
– Podcast Brene Brown w/ Dr. Bruce Perry
Week 3 Training Session will focus on: The role of DHS, writing a court report, as well as a presentation from a guest speaker from DHS, and a presentation from Catherine J. Cheroutes, 5th Judicial District Judge
– AllRise for Children
Week 4 Training Session will focus on: Trauma and the different ways it can impact the children on CASA cases, and the many different forms of advocacy
Court Hearing Schedule
Observe 2 hearings: Court Schedule
Suggested reading/supplemental material:
– What happened to you, Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey
– The Body Keeps the Score, Sean Pratt, Bessel A. van der Kolk, et al.
– What Happened to You, Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah
– The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist’s Notebook — What Traumatized Children Can Teach Us About Loss, Love, and Healing, Dr. Bruce Perry
– Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know, Adam Grant
– Talking to Strangers, Malcolm Gladwell
– The Culture Map, Erin Meyer
– The Whole Brain Child; Daniel J Siegel, MD